Tag Archives: ship-us
- TCE at USD 9.2k/d vs our forecast of 13.5k/d (100% utilization basis).
- Opex at USD 5.2k/d (+13% q/q) vs our forecast of USD 4.6k/d.
- Above weakness somewhat mitigated by G&A at USD 1.3m vs our USD 1.6m forecast.
- EPS adj. -0.13 vs our forecast of +0.02, after adjusting for a USD 11.4m one-off related to debt repayment
- TP upgraded to USD 2.9/sh (from 2.7)
As we correctly pointed out in mid-April, share prices were likely to be impact from the falling iron ore prices in 2Q. A similar pattern is developing as this report hits the press, and is key to the way forward for rates and shares in 4Q17E. Nevertheless, the low supply growth leaves us confident in the continued cyclical recovery over the next two years, and we reiterate our BUY recommendation on the Dry Bulk sector as we view the risk/reward as highly attractive in a historical context.